Why Learn Quran?
Taken from the book, “40 Hadith on the Qur’ān: Principles for the Bearer of the Qur’ān – withقال: أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ الْبَغْدَادِيُّ، ثنا يَحْيَى بْنُ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ صَالِحٍ السَّهْمِيُّ، ثنا عَمْرُو بْنُ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ طَارِقٍ، ثنا يَحْيَى بْنُ أَيُّوبَ، ثنا خَالِدُ بْنُ أَبِي يَزِيدَ، عَنْ ثَعْلَبَةَ بْنِ يَزِيدَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، قَالَ: مَنْ قَرَأَ الْقُرْآنَ فَقَدِ اسْتَدَرَجَ النُّبُوَّةَ بَيْنَ جَنْبَيْهِ غَيْرَ أَنَّهُ لَا يُوحَى إِلَيْهِ، لَا يَنْبَغِي لِصَاحِبِ الْقُرْآنِ أَنْ يجد مَعَ مَنْ جد ، وَلَا يَجْهَلَ مَعَ مَنْ جَهِلَ وَفِي جَوْفِهِ كَلَامُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَىAbdullah ibn Amr ibn al-As (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said;“Whoever recites the Qur’ān secures (knowledge of) prophethood within his ribs (bosom), though Divine Revelation has not been sent upon him. It does not befit one endowed with the Qur’ān that he should be indignant with those in anger, nor should he indulge in any act of ignorance with those who are ignorant, while the Speech of Allah Almighty is with him in his chest.”Quran is divided into below mentioned to make its recitation and understanding convenient:Harf: literal meaning of harf is Letters. In Quran there are a a total of 323,671 haroof and according to some other authorities it is 338,606 Haroof.Kalimah: Kalimah is a “Word”; which is made up of multiple haroof. There are 77,934, or, according to some writers 79,934 Kalimah in Quran.Ayat: Ayat is an Arabic word with literal meaning as “sign.” However, in Quran it is used for short sections or verses of his revelation. Each verse is distinguished in the text by a small circle with the number of the verse as per the surah mentioned inside it.Surah: Surah also known as Chapters in English is a collection of multiple Ayat/Verses. There are 114 Surah’s in the Quran named after either the topic or a word within that Surah. Each Surah of the Quran with the exception of IXth, begins with the same words of Ayah.بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم.“In the name of the Merciful, the Compassionate.”Some Surah’s were revealed to Prophet Mohammad when he was in Madinah hence names as Madni Surah’s and some other were revealed in Makkah named as Makki Surah’s depending on the revelation of the verses before or after migration to Madina from Makkah. There is a total of 86 Makki surah’s and 28 Madni Surah’s.Makki surah’s focuses on the Oneness of Allah, the Judgement Day, the Hereafter etc. while Madni surahs emphasizes more on legislations and interactions between men and this world. Ruqu: A Paragraph in Quran. Ruqu is marked in Quran for convenience of a practicing Muslim to read at least one Ruqu every day. It is also divided within the whole Quran in such a way that if one Ruqu is recited in every Rakah during Ramadan in Tarawih a complete Quran can be finished until the 27th of Ramadan.
Description of Ruqu Sign.
Example is given from Surah Al Baqarah.
Rub:Rub or Rubah is an Arabic word which means Quarter. It marks the Quarter of a Juz or Siparah.
Nisf: Nisf means half. It is marked once Nisf of a Siparah/Juz is read.
Suls: Suls is the three quarter of a Juz/Siparah. These three divisions are denoted by the words being written on the margin.
Juz: Juz is also known as Siparah. Siparah is a Persion word. Quran is divided in thirty Juz/Siparah which is done to enable Muslims to complete Quran in 30 days during the holy month of Ramadan. Completely being able to read Quran during Ramadan has crucial significance and rewards given by Allah.
وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ نُورًا مُّبِينًا
“…And We have revealed to you a clear light.”
Surah an-Nisa 4:174
Manzil: Manzil is further division of Quran through which a person can finish reading the whole in the course of a week. These are seven in number, and are marked by the
letters, which are said to spell Fami bi Shauq, “My mouth with desire.” This arrangement is to enable the Muslim to recite the whole in the course of a week.
Other most frequent words associated with reading Quran:
Hafiz: A Person who memorized complete Quran is known as Hafiz
Tajwed: Reading of Quran has more significance if recited with a specific elocution dedicated to this purpose known as tajwid.
Tafsir: aims at explaining the verses of Quran in its essence. Tafsir is series of studies done inline with the narrations of Quran in sync with hadith.
Our Style of Teaching Quran: Why us?
Quran should not be read just with words but also with complete serenity and tranquility which can come only with the right attitude. Attitude is crafted at a very base level; we have a structured mechanism through which we struggle to embed the right way of teaching Quran from a very beginner level let it be a child or an Adult.
- On the go Learning:– Our main motto is to make Quranic education convenient and easy to be grasped on the go. Let it be the ease of your home, or a playground, or a relative’s house or office for an adult. We urge just to grab a quiet corner where you can take a break from the surroundings and stay with us for the time slot agreed with you. We expect complete dedication and rest you can leave up to us the words of Quran have the tendency to flow in naturally once practiced.
- 24/7 availability:– Our classes are available 24/7 which will be a convenient for students in different time zones to study As per the ease of their time.
- Customized Classes:–We provide customizable and personalized class as per the student studying capacity.
- Skype/Zoom:–We can teach Quran through Skype or Zoom which ever is easy and convenient to the parent/Student.
- Trained Teachers:– Our Teachers are very well trained who are either Hafizul Quran or students who have graduated as Alim’s and have studies Quran as well as hadith and Fiqh.
- Other essential Duas/Namaz: Our dedicated team of instructors do not only focus on teaching Quran but they will help in memorizing duas and kalimas which we all should know and recite in our daily walk of life as per need. We do not only stop there but also ensure that Namaz is read as per the teachings of Islam and help in memorizing and practicing ways of Namaz.
What can you learn with us:
There are variety of courses which can be enrolled which are as follows
- Quran Reading / Nadra
- Everyday Dua
- Hifz / Memorization of Quran
- Study of Islamic Fiqh